Columbia University Libraries is committed to doing the work of diversity and inclusion – including the continual unlearning of inherent biases – acting on increased insights in culturally appropriate ways to facilitate learning and professional growth and to foster a variety of perspectives and ideas to address complex challenges. The University benefits from broad perspectives and depths of insight derived from working collaboratively with individuals from other disciplines or professions, of different ages, cultures, identities, abilities, economic backgrounds, beliefs, and values.
2018 - 2019 Accomplishments
- With support from University Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action, implemented required training on unconscious bias for all Libraries staff
- Implemented required training by EOAA for all search committees
2017 - 2018 Accomplishments
- Evaluated the Libraries' standing among peers in workforce diversity as well as perceptions of diversity and inclusion issues
- Established framework, charge, and priorities for Libraries' Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- With support from University Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action, developed required training for all library leadership on unconscious bias